Under this grant program we are seeking to support Australian social enterprise changemakers who are finding new and innovative solutions to tackle the most pressing issues within their local communities and who are now looking to build capacity to overcome the challenges of taking their concept to scale.
We are looking to partner with organisations who have developed their proof of concept and are now seeking ignitor funds to scale to the next stage of their development and demonstrate impact and potentially “investor readiness”. This program could also apply to intrapreneurs in established grassroots charities who are looking to scale the sustainability of their model and diversify their funding sources.
The EFF will consider applications where it is clear that the objective of the social enterprise is to make a transformational, tangible and measureable difference to the quality of life and welfare of the individuals and communities involved. We want to work with leaders who are aligned with our philosophy on depth and span.
Organisations may be working in any community sector/space at all, and the funding can be used towards operational costs or specific project components to develop scale. However when considering if you are eligible for this program please note you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The Ignitor Fund is open to organisations with annual revenue of less than $5,000,000 and who are Australian-based organisation with Item 1 DGR and TCC endorsement;
- There is some element of social experimentation, innovation or risk, as well as evidence of comprehensive business planning and a high level of community engagement;
- The organisation must be on the path towards sustainability and have (or are seeking assistance to develop) measurable indicators in place;
- The organisation is led by an individual or group of individuals who have a clear vision for change and are seeking support for the practical implementation of this vision.
Timing and available funding
This grant program is considered throughout the year at the discretion of the EFF Board. We consider one-off or multi-year requests. Generally requests will be considered for grants up to $50,000, with applications up to $100,000 considered in special cases. If you have any questions please feel free to discuss with us through our Contact Us.
- Applications for support may be made at any time throughout the year via our online Expression of Interest form. We request that applicants complete each section of the form as incomplete forms will not be considered. Please attach all relevant supporting documents including evidence of your TCC and DGR1 status and your current business plan. Forward cashflow projections are also helpful in improving our understanding of your journey to sustainability.
- Once you have submitted your EOI, the EFF will contact you by telephone within 21 working days to discuss it and, where relevant, arrange a meeting or site visit.
- You may then be invited to provide more detailed information at the request of the EFF. Or, you may be advised that your application will not proceed any further.
- All applicants that progress beyond the initial EOI application stage will be notified of the outcome of their application within seven working days of the relevant board meeting.